We are a rapidly growing expanding full-service pet care company, servicing clients in the Puget Sound region since 2008. We’re always accepting applications for positions within the Administrative Assistant role to work in our home office and doggy daycare located in Des Moines, WA.
Frolic Pet Services is a premier full-service pet care company. We do it all – Dog walking, pet sitting, in home overnight care, transportation services, dog training, as well as private boarding and daycare, just to name a few! Our team of pet-loving employees (not Independent Contractors) are thoroughly educated and consistently trained so that they, and our clients pets, are ensured professional level care and safety. Most of our team has been with us for many many years, we are always interested in hearing from applicants who are interested in a long-term pet care career in the office or out in client’s homes.
Ideal candidates will be friendly with excellent customer service skills, highly organized, detail oriented, have the ability to multi task in a busy office/daycare environment, team oriented, and LOVE pets! Our office is open 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Frolic values a stable work-life balance! Part-time and Full-time positions are available, depending on qualifications.
**Specific job responsibilities will be determined at hire and dependent on qualifications. Frolic believes that by matching a candidate’s passions, strengths and qualifications to specific job responsibilities, that candidate is more likely to thrive. In addition to the below base Administrative Assistant duties, the following career paths are available.
- Additional pathway positions in the Administrative role include: Human Resources, Scheduling, Client Services and Retention, Social Media Marketing, AR/AP and Payroll Assistance, as well as Dog and Employee Training.
Base Administrative Assistant Responsibilities:
- Managing staff and client scheduling software
- Processing client requests
- Communicate with clients via phone, email, online chat and in person
- Assisting in staff scheduling, inquiries, questions.
- Help maintain and organize office and daycare common areas.
- Assist with Doggy Daycare tasks as necessary.
- Assist with client in-home services (dog walks, pet sitting, overnight care) as necessary.
- Pet-lover who wants to work in the pet care field.
- Associate degree or higher. Bachelors preferred.
- Strong computer and technology skills with recent experience with Microsoft Office Suite of programs (Outlook, Excel, Word).
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Slightly obsessive about providing a great customer experience.
- High energy, even higher integrity required.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and keep on task in a fast–paced office/doggy daycare environment with frequent disturbances.
- Self-motivated and able to stay on task with little or no supervision.
- Friendly and outgoing personality, able to interact with clients and co-workers in a consistently professional manner.
- Ability to assist with putting out fires, calmly and without fear.
- Must be 21 years or older.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
- Physical requirements: Consistently and repetitively walk, kneel, squat, bend, lift, push, pull, grasp, and balance while walking/caring for pets in and out of office.
This role is highly collaborative with the need to be a fluid, diligent communicator who is in a continued pursuit of excellence.
Frolic Pet Services embraces diversity and opposes discrimination. Candidates must be eligible to work in the US and have the ability to perform all duties as assigned with or without reasonable accommodations.