Frolic Pet Services is a locally owned and operated company that is rapidly growing. We’re always accepting applications for positions within the Daycare and Office Assistant position for our Des Moines, WA office. Our office doubles as our private appointment only Boarding and Doggy Daycare, therefore those who would seriously enjoy daily interaction with dogs, cats, and other pets should apply!
We are a premier full service pet care company that services thousands of clients from North Seattle to Tacoma, including the East-side. We are looking for few committed people to come grow with our team of pet fanatics!
This is a Part time Entry-Level position. Full time hours are available up depending on experience. Part time and Full time positions are available. This position is incredibly varied and requires high attention to detail since we are working with pets who have a variety of care needs. Experience in a professional pet care role is preferred, but not required. All candidates must truly love caring for pets and be willing and able to be trained to handle dogs of different sizes, breeds, and behaviors. This position includes providing services for clients pets in their homes.
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
– Operating online scheduling software for clients and staff
– Communicating with clients via phone, email, online chat and in person.
– Assist the Office Team with projects, daily operations, client profile management, scheduling, and last minute or emergency requests.
– Doggie Daycare – Assist in the management and care of the dogs, daily cleaning and preparation duties, as well as check in, feeding, rotation and other duties assigned.
– Dog walking and Pet Sitting in client’s homes as assigned.
– Act as Vacation/sick relief for co-workers
– 1 year experience working in the customer service industry and working on a team.
– Candidate must enjoy and thrive in a fast pace, ever changing work environment within a fast growing company.
– Comfortable with operating computers and new software.
– Positive communication skills – In person, Phone, and Email
– Truly enjoy all animals
– Friendly and communicative personality
– Strong attention to detail
– Experience working independently
– 3 year or more of working in customer service, office environment, or doggy daycare.
– Microsoft Office experience: Excel and Outlook
– Experience Scheduling appointments or adjusting existing schedules
– Know the geographical area of the Puget sound, cities between North Seattle and Tacoma.
– Ability to stay organized while balancing many tasks
– Self-Motivated and works well independently and as a team
– Ability to deal with high stress situations
– Ability to problem solve and act fast in an emergency without freezing when working with animals
Minimum Daily Physical Requirements:
– Repetitively bend, kneel, squat, twist, pull, push, or similar.
– Comfortable walk 3-5 miles at a fast pace on multiple surface types, stairs, gravel, road, etc.
– Lift 50lbs + from the ground. (Usually 25lbs +, sometimes more)
– Have good balance
– Daily access to a Smart phone (Apple or Android) with data plan, camera, and email
– Must be 21 years of age or older
– Must have a valid Washington State Driver license
– Clean Driving record, Insurable driver history, and submit to a background check if hired.
Frolic Pet Services is a Non-Smoking workplace.
Compensation is hourly hour while working at our office. If client services (dog walking/pet sitting) is scheduled, a commission will be paid (higher rate). Compensation is dependent on experience. This position has the ability to move into a higher administrative or supervisory role in the future. We also promote from within. Additional career paths include Dog Trainers and Team Trainers.
Thank you, we are looking forward to meeting with you.